- Eurostar is the first European transport operator to feature Amazon Prime Video on board
- The Grand Tour with Jeremy Clarkson will make its high-speed rail debut this month
- Free Amazon content for passengers on the new Eurostar app
Eurostar, the high-speed rail service linking the UK and mainland Europe, will be unveiling a range of critically acclaimed Amazon Prime Video content onboard its fleet of e320 trains via the new app.
Eurostar will be the first transport operator in Europe to feature Prime Video on board, free for all passengers to enjoy as they speed across the Channel.
Launching on Eurostar’s state-of-the-art fleet of e320 trains, travelers can view a range of Amazon’s top original drama, comedy, and kids TV shows from Prime Video, simply by using their own device to connect to the free-on-board wifi and the new app. The new programmes will add to Eurostar’s existing line-up of over 300 hours of TV shows and films. These include:
- The Grand Tour: Featuring Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, travelers will be able to view the first three episodes of the global hit.
- Man in the High Castle: Produced by Ridley Scott and starring Rufus Sewell, the Amazon Original is a dystopian alternative history television series bound to keep passengers entertained throughout the journey.
- Transparent: Multi-award-winning series from the prolific showrunner Jill Soloway.
- Plus a range of Amazon’s acclaimed kids shows including Gortimer Gibbons’ Life on Normal Street, Just Add Magic and The Kicks.
The catalog will be refreshed on a regular basis to offer passengers a wide range of exclusive Prime Video shows.
Neil Roberts, Head of Digital, Eurostar, said:
“Our onboard entertainment system offers passengers more than 300 hours of free content, all available through the new app, accessible on their own device. With our new Amazon Prime Video partnership, we’re delighted to offer our travelers even more choice, as they speed across the Channel on our new trains.”
Jay Marine, Vice President Prime Video Europe, Amazon, said:
“This significant partnership with Eurostar will bring passengers who haven’t yet watched our shows a fantastic selection of the best of Prime Video. From our number one worldwide show The Grand Tour through to a selection of great kids shows, passengers will be able to access leading Prime Video entertainment whilst on the move.”
New Eurostar app
Designed to offer both business and leisure travellers a more streamlined experience with a sleek new design and a simple navigation plane, the new app allows customers to access every part of the journey in a few simple clicks from their smartphone.
Recognising the importance of connectivity for travellers, the app is equipped with new features making it the perfect travel companion. These include:
- New destinations: Customers will be able to book travel to connecting destinations.
- Mobile tickets: Tickets will be stored on passengers’ smartphones, ready to scan at check-in.
- Booking changes: Update or change bookings on the go.
- Digital loyalty card: Passengers will be able to access their Club Eurostar loyalty card direct from the app. This means they’ll get quick access to the exclusive discounts and benefits that are unique to their Club Eurostar membership.
- On board entertainment: Access to over 300 hours of free TV shows, films, games and more from the app, accessible on their own device.
- Live departures and arrivals: View real-time train information.
- Apple Wallet: Save mobile tickets to Apple Wallet.
With quick and convenient check-in, a seamless city-centre to city-centre journey, and a generous baggage allowance, Eurostar is the ideal way to travel between London and mainland Europe.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com or call the Eurostar contact centre on 03432 186 186.